The “1 MB” Vaakya Computing Engine
Read Vaakya Distributed Computing Architecture whitepaper for more details
The philosophy of Vaakya is,
“To build most of the middleware & other software infrastructure components into a single cross-platform runtime engine (Vaakya Computing Engine) and distribute the runtime across all devices”
Thereby, creating a pervasive application computing environment and enabling desktops, mobile/embedded devices, clients and servers to work independently or collaboratively
The 1 Mb, patented 'Vaakya Computing Engine' has built-in infrastructure components like
- Native Graphics Server
- Database Server
- Application Transaction Server
- Communication Server
The Engine is designed on Distributed Computing Architecture, which takes a comprehensive approach to address the demanding needs in design, development, deployment and maintenance aspects of distributed software applications.
Products (IDE Tools & Deployment Servers) of Vaakya are offered as various frameworks for developing and deploying heterogeneous software applications.
Framework-Oriented application development/deployment using “Vaakya” offers major benefits for distributed, dynamic and heterogeneous software applications as against generic, interpreted or monolithic methods.
- Simple IDE& Language
- Framework oriented components
- Model Driven Architecture
- Easy Application Testing & Delivery
- “Object Aware” application execution
- Message-oriented and secure communication
- Efficient memory and bandwidth usage
- Web Browser or Rich client user interface
- Cross platform, Device neutral
- Flexible deployment over LAN, WAN, HTTP, GPRS, SMS, SMTP
- Online, offline or hybrid deployment
- Standalone, client server or peer-to-peer configuration
- ODBC / XML Web services
The small foot print (1 Mb) Vaakya Computing Engine's integrated approach along with the distributed object dictionary, allows deploying applications in a distributed environment for grid or peer-to-peer.
Applications can be configured to execute as online, offline or hybrid mode due to locally available data store and other micro-components.
Updates to the Vaakya runtime will eliminate the need for application migration and version management.
Collaborative application modeling environments built around Vaakya architecture enable programmers/domain specialists to describe and change their applications.
Integrated, small footprint, configurable Vaakya runtime enable even PDA's, Smart phones and USB keys (possibly even smart cards) to act as server computing environments or intelligent devices.
- Helps Innovate Applications, Hides Programming Complexities
- Low Footprint (1MB), Fully Integrated / Scalable Component Stack (DB, Server, Comm, IDE)
- Hardware & Operating System Independent
- Quick Development, Easy Delivery & Deployment of Applications
- Easy to Learn, Simple Descriptive Scripting Language
- Single Application Design supports Multiple Deployment Models (Desktop, LAN, Web, SaaS)
- Tiny Platform supports HMI (Human Machine Interface) / Embedded / Mobile Applications
- Reduces Cost of Development / Deployment / Maintenance
- Resource Efficient Platform, Reduces Cost of Hardware / Bandwidth / Manpower